Customer Service / Inside Sales Assistant
The Customer Service/Inside Sales Assistant will be a key member working alongside of our Inside Sales Team. Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with some knowledge in sales and customer service processes. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization providing a high level of Customer support.
Must be able to...
- Understand NTE’s back-office systems to provide customers with timely and accurate information.
- Process customer shortage, warranty, and stock adjustment claims.
- Handle, initiate, organize, and process customer refund requests with FedEx and UPS.
- Process customer inquiries as needed with the overall goal of first contact resolution.
- Must maintain a strict standard of confidentiality to ensure that our customers protected information is secure.
- Update or change sales orders in the system based on customer requirements and resolve any discrepancies.
- Backlog management of pending sales items.
- Collaborate with internal departments to resolve sales order issues in a timely manner.
- Deliver accurate information to customers in accordance with company performance goals and objectives.
- Log detailed description of unresolved issues.
- Remain current on changes and updates for products, processes, and operational procedures to ensure ISO9000 compliance.
- Build and maintain business relationships with internal and external customers by providing prompt and accurate service to promote customer loyalty.
- Learn and support customer access to NTE Distributor Portal.
Other typical tasks may also include...
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other relevant meetings and seminars as needed requested.
- May participate in the creation of training & documentation of processes as well as the facilitation of training.
- May participate on cross-functional working teams or tasks forces.
- May develop and maintain online documentation related to work instructions for assigned department.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High School, GED, or equivalent diploma or 5+ of years of relevant work experience.
- Successful completion of the training provided (system 'know-how' & sales 'know-how').
- Gain basic understanding of the various functions of NTE and the industry NTE operates in.
- Gain basic knowledge of NTE brand and its principles.
- Ability to speak to both internal and external customers on the phone for a minimum of two hours a day.
- Generally, spend the workday sitting at a workstation and operating computer devices, such as, but not limited to keyboard, mouse, and screen.
- Generally, spend the workday performing repetitive motions that involve or affect the hands, head, and other parts of your body.
- Must be able to perform the following behavioral competencies; attention to detail, customer/client focus, ethical conduct, manages execution, personal effectiveness/credibility, and positive attitude.
- Entry-level Sales position; 0-2 years of sales or customer service experience
Full time – Monday – Friday 9:00-5:00PM
Medical benefits/401K option. Salary: commensurate with experience
We will be accepting all resumes and then will call to schedule an interview appointment. Please do not call regarding the status of your resume. We appreciate your interest but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Email resume to: Anna Costanzo
Equal Employment Opportunity
NTE is an equal opportunity employer and maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent and prohibit unlawful discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military/veteran status, disability and/or medical condition, genetic information, or any other unlawful classification to the extent protected by law. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to all employment practices, including hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training, and termination. Employees who engage in unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.